If you wish to get involved with the Samsara’s development, follow these steps.
- Read the
HELP-US.md(in the project’s root) to see what contributions we are looking for.
- Check the list of open issues on Github.
- If you have found something you wish contribute or you have
something else in mind speak to us by writing a mail to:
samsara [dot] systems+info at gmail [dot] com
- Issues might be poorly described or with no description at all, talk to us, ask us questions, ask us more details.
- We will invite you to our Slack channel where you can talk with the authors and other contributors and propose your suggestions.
- Then try to run the system following the Quick Start guide
- Then try to build the system following these in this guide.
The project structure
This single project contains all sub-systems organized with their own projects.
clients/- Here are the clients libraries in various languages to send events to Samsara.
clojure/- The Clojure’s client
ios/- The Swift iOS client
logger/- A Java Log4j, Logback, Slf4j logger to push log lines as events.
ingestion-api/- The REST api endpoint where the events are sent to.
core/- The engine library for processing streams.
moebius/- The stream processing functions abstractions
utils/- Common utilities used in other projects
qanal/- The component which indexes the processed events into ElasticSearch
docker-images/- The docker projects to build all third-party components
deployments/- Deployment descriptors and script to deploy the Samsara.
There are many inter-dependencies between these projects, but they all
follow a single version schema which is controlled by
If you wish to build your local dependencies follow these instructions.
To build all Samsara projects and their dependencies follow:
git clone https://github.com/samsara/samsara.git cd samsara ./bin/build-all-projects.sh
This will build all the dependencies and install them in your local maven